Tandoori Aloo Tikka is a recipe that is adapted from the traditional Tandoori chicken recipe.Tandoori recipes are called so because they are baked in a special clay oven called Tandoor. The vegetables or meat are first marinated in a spicy yogurt mixture and then they are baked in the Tandoor.
We don’t usually have Tandoors at our homes so we use Ovens to bake the vegetables or meat. This Tandoori Aloo is also baked in oven, They can also be pan grilled or grilled in a regular charcoal or gas grill.
A day before yesterday, my dear friend and blogger Sonal asked us for some potato recipes for her collective post. Since these days I was not blogging much because of Kids vacation , I was not getting that motivation to come back to my blog.
When Sonal asked, I thought this is what I was waiting for. I decided to give my self a push with this post 🙂
So here is my recipe for Sonal’s collective. Click here for the entire post.
Making Tandoori Aloo is very easy and in just few steps and, ingredients you will ready with a super delicious snack for your cocktail party.All you need is few boiled potatoes, yogurt and some basic spices.Just mix them well and let them sit in the marinade for couple of hours and then bake it. If you don’t have oven, you can also make them in a nonstick pan.
Let’s proceed with the recipe
- 5 Medium Potatoes boiled
- 1 small green and red bell pepper ( capsicum) each.
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1tbsp besan or gram four
- 1tbsp Kasoori Methi
- few drops of orange food color ( optional)
- 1 tbsp oil for baking
- In a big bowl mix yogurt, besan, salt, chili powder, turmeric, kasoori methi, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and oil. This will be your marination.
- cut the potatoes into halves and put them in the bowl. Mix them well with the marination.You can also take baby potatoes for this recipe. Mix the bell peppers as well. cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep in fridge for 2 hours.
- Pre heat the oven at 400 F or 250 C . Dip the wooden skew sticks in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Once the oven is hot, arrange the potatoes in the greased skew sticks along with the peppers. Place the skewers on a baking tray and drizzle some oil on top.
- Bake the potatoes in oven for 30 minutes flipping the sides once in between. Total time depends on different kinds of oven.
- Once the potatoes are baked take them out and arrange them on the serving plate. Pour few drops of lemon juice on top and garnish with mint leaves and chat masala. Serve with sliced onions and mint chutney and enjoy.
- I have used medium potatoes for this recipe, but you can also use baby potatoes as well.
- Make sure that you use hung curd for this recipe and the potatoes are cooled down after boiling.
- It would be best if you boil the potatoes in an open pan and not in pressure cooker. don't over boil the potatoes other wise they will be mushy.