This recipe is a part of Blog Hop and this time ,the culinary hoppers are bringing some delicious Baked recipes.
Fridays are always special in my family because first of all it the beginning of the weekend fun, secondly it is a family movie night and my kids know that their mommy is going to cook something special and then we all will sit and watch a movie together and enjoy our special dinner. My kids love that on Fridays nobody asks them to sleep early.
I am yet to think about what I am going to cook for dinner , but my dessert idea is ready. I am going to serve them a kind of trifle made with Cocoa brownies and Vanilla Ice cream layers topped with chocolate syrup and some chocolate chips or ribbons. Sounds delicious isn’t it?
My little one just loves brownies and every time we used to go to the grocery store he would insist me to buy these cute chocolate brownies. Earlier I didn’t bake much cakes and brownies at home, but since my toddler loves them now I have a reason to bake cakes and brownies more often at home.
These Chocolate brownies are super simple and easy to make and so I have named them simple cocoa brownies. They have a perfect crunchy crust and chocolaty flavor. I have followed the recipe of (Stephanie Jaworski) of JoyofBaking.com It is one of the best brownie recipe I have found so far and I wouldn’t go for market bought ones now.
- 10 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1+ 1/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour ( Maida)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Some Icing sugar for dusting
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream/ Hung curd
- 1. Take a 8 inch square cake pan and line the bottom of pan with aluminium foil such that the foil should hang outside the edges too. Grease the base of this foil covered pan with butter.
- 2. Preheat the oven at 325 degree F or 165 Degree C.
- In a big microwave safe or steel bowl add sugar and cocoa powder. Make sure that the powder has no lumps in it. If the cocoa powder as umps, make sure you sift it using a strainer.
- In a small pan melt the butter .Remove from heat and pour into the bowl of cocoa and sugar.
- Mix everything well with a whisk or a spatula and then add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing until the batter is nice and shiny.
- In an other bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. add this flour mixture into the cocoa batter and mix thoroughly making sure that no lumps are being formed.Finally, add in the sour cream or curd.
- Pour the batter into the cake oan and tap gently to make the surface sooth.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center has moist crumbs attached to it. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- Then, cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm. One the brownies are set, lift the aluminum foil out of the pan and, with a sharp knife, cut the brownies into square pieces , dust with icing sugar on top and serve.
- 1. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with some moist crumbs still clinging to it.
- 2. Make sure no lumps are formed while mixing the cocoa or flour.
- 3. When you cut the brownies, keep in mind that knife should be sharp and you should keep wiping the knife with a paper towel, every time you are making a new cut.This way your brownies will come out nice and clean.
- 4. if you like chocolate chips in brownies or nuts you can always add them before finally pouring the batter into the pan.