Quinoa is one versatile grain which mixes with everything and enhances the taste of traditional recipes keeping the carb content low and protein content high. Also, The fiber content in Quinoa is what gets many people interested in eating it. With many other nutritional values as well. this super grain is finding its place in the menu of many health food lovers. It is very good for weight loss, cholesterol control as well as diabetics.
If you are struggling with weight loss although you are exercising well because the food you are eating is not helping you lose those extra calories, try replacing Quinoa will wheat or rice in your meal and see the wonder.
A close friend of mine recently lost near about 15 lbs in few months just by replacing quinoa with rice in her meals.
This is a guest post I am doing for my blogger friend Sarika who blogs at The SPICEZONE -The taste of the World. I met Sarika through a DFT ( created by our blogger friend Sonal of SimplyVegetarian777) facebook group, where we worked together on creating healthy Diabetic recipes. I was always tempted towards the recipes created by Sarika as they were so healthy and creative.One of my favorite recipes on her blog is Nam Sud , A Thai chicken peanut salad. Sarika is very Talented and despite being working full time , she manages to take out time for her blog and creates awesome recipes. Most of her recipes are healthy and nutritious , So I decided to bring a healthy recipe for her guest post.. Please click here to reach the guest post
Believe me, friends,you don’t need to compromise on taste to eat healthily. It is just about choosing the right food for you, and Quinoa is certainly one of them. Today I tried making Poha with Quinoa and it came out so well that I would never make the traditional rice poha again. trust me, I am not exaggerating , Quinoa Poha tastes far better than Rice poha and it is so less in carbs too. Aren’t you tempted to make Quinoa Poha now?
Let’s proceed towards the recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa
- ½ cup Boiled green peas
- 2 medium Chopped Onions
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- 2 Green chilies
- 1 Chopped Potato
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 lemon for lemon juice
- Place the Quinoa in a strainer and place it under running water. This way it will be washed. Heat 2.5 cups of water in a pan and once the water starts boiling, add the Quinoa. Cover the pan with lid and cook until the quinoa is completely cooked.
- Once the quinoa is cooked , take it out in a plate and let it cool down.In another heavy bottomed pan or Kadhai, heat some oil. Once the oil is hot roast the peanuts in the oil. Once roasted take them out.
- Now add the remaining oil and let it become hot. Once hot, add the chopped potatoes and fry them till they are cooked too. Take them out and keep them in a plate.
- At this time add the remaining oil and add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Now add onions, green chilis and curry leaves and saute until the onion becomes translucent. Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and mix everything well. Add the cooked Quinoa, boiled green peas , fried potatoes, peanuts and mix well.
- Add few drops of lime juice and chopped coriander and serve hot with a cup of hot tea or coffee and enjoy !