Diwali Special Pumpkin Burfi is a Gluten Free Indian sweet Recipe. It is a very delicious fudge prepared with pumpkin, sugar, and Mawa or Khoya.
Diwali is here friends, and it is the perfect time to enjoy all those traditional delicacies which are rich in taste and flavor. This Diwali try these delicious Pumpkin Burfi for your friends and family and enjoy!
May the lights of this Diwali takes away all the darkness inside you and makes you shine like a Sun!
A VERY HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL MY READERS!
Cooking and preparing traditional delicacies is one way, by which that feel of festivals comes into your house. With thousands of miles away from your home, this is the only way that we Indians living so far, can have that connection to the festivals.When our kids watch us making different dishes on various festive occasions, they become aware of our culture. So please friends even if you are too busy in your lives, take out time and prepare some traditional things at home yourself.
We went to Pumpkin Farms a few days back for Pumpkin Picking and my kids loved the hayride and farm visit. My little 4-year-old was so excited to pick his own pumpkin so that we can make Jack- o – lanterns. We came back home with 5 pumpkins, four for lanterns and one for cooking different recipes.
The other day, when I was thinking about what sweet should I make for Diwali, I saw this Pumpkin Sitting on my kitchen table, I quickly decided what I have to do with it.Yes, I made up my mind to make Pumpkin Burfi.
These Pumpkin Burfis are so easy to make and ultimate delicious in taste. I used homemade Mawa for this recipe, but you can use the store bought one. I have used a silver leaf to decorate which is totally optional. You may decorate it with powdered Dry coconut, sugar, and pistachios.
For more QUICK ideas for Diwali sweets please check
MATHURA KE PEDE
- Grated Pumpkin- 3 cups
- Grated Khoya or Mawa- 2 cups
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Desi Ghee- 2tbsp
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Sliced Almonds- 7-8
- Orange food color few drops ( Optional)
- Silver paper for decorating
- Heat the Ghee in a heavy-based Pan or Kadhai on medium flame.
- Squeeze out extra water form pumpkin, and add it to the kadhai.
- Keep stirring on medium flame till the water starts to dry up. This may take 15 minutes.
- Now add Sugar and food color to the Pumpkin and stir quickly. you will see that the sugar is leaving the water.
- Keep stirring the pumpkin sugar mixture on high flame till all water dries up.
- Now add the grated khoya and cardamom powder. Mix everything till the mixture is dried.
- Now Greated a Thali or a plate with ghee and then spread the mixture on the Thali.
- Garnish with Almonds and keep this in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Once the Burfi is sold, it is the time to cut them into desired shapes. With clean knife cut the burfis in square or diamond shapes,
- Decorate with silver paper and serve them to your family and friends.
Pin it to view Later