A scrumptious and drool worthy vegetarian pancake, Oats and Veggie Chilla are packed with flavor and nutrition. A healthy and delicious breakfast idea.
Today morning was a busy one as there was an event in my kid’s school. He wanted both his dad and me to come and visit as he was going to act as a wax statue to represent his wax museum project. I took a look at my weekly meal plan and found that today was Oats Chilla in my breakfast menu. I had some chopped vegetables in my fridge so I thought of adding them in the chilla, give it a healthy and interesting twist.
Sometimes, the things look hard to make but when you give it a try, they are really easy.The Oats and Veggie Chillas turned out to absolutely delicious and the best part is that they were really simple and easy to make. I used Quaker Old Fashioned Wholegrain Oats for this recipe.
If you want to make these Oats Chillas for breakfast and you are short of time, all you need is to do chop some vegetables and roast the oats a night before, or on the weekends, if you plan your meals ahead.
Talking of meal planning, as I have mentioned a couple of times in my blog that I like to plan my meals ahead and that really saves a lot of time and money. Trust me, meal planning makes life so easy and simple. if you are interested in my weekly meal plan, just leave a comment below, and I will share them with you.
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Dahi or yogurt
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 chopped green chili
- ½ cup chopped cilantro or hara dhaniya
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1-4 chopped curry leaves
- ½ cup finely chopped beans
- ½ cup finely chopped bell peppers
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- water to make the batter
- oil to cook
- Dry roast the oats in a nonstick pan for 5 minutes on medium flame. Take them out then let it cool down.
- In a blender blend together, oats yogurt and water. Blend till a smooth batter(pancake consistency) is formed.
- Take the batter out in a bowl and stir well. Now add all the spices and vegetables. Mix well.
- Heat a nonstick pan and brush it with oil. Make chillas/pancakes of the size you like.
- Cook from both the sides till they are brown.
- Serve hot with chutney and enjoy.