A very easy and hassle free appetizer recipe which has less than 5 ingredients. A perfect snack to go on any occasion whether it is for after school snack or tea time or watching super bowl. You can make it ahead of time and munch it anytime you want. It stays fresh in a air tight container for 2 weeks!
This is a special post for my dear friend and food blogger Sonal Gupta’s SUPER BOWL Collective post which will be live very soon.To visit Sonal’s blog please click here SimplyVegetarian777.I am bringing Methi Jeera Puffs or Cumin fenugreek Puffs.
These Puffs are so easy to make that even a person who is a novice in cooking can make it without any hesitation.
We have been eating methi puffs since our childhood and oftern we eat them as a tea time snack. In india we call it Methi Khari.When Sonal asked all the food bloggers to make something which is less than 5 ingredients, I was thinking about what to make.
Then one day My husband went to the Indian grocery store and brought Methi khari to have them with. When I opened the packet, it clicked in my mind that yes this is it! This can be a perfect recipe for this collective. I added little flavor by adding cumin and chat masala along with the methi or fenugreek leaves.
They came out perfect and so delicious that my kids and husband loved them. now no more buying them from store. We can make enjoy them any time and that too fresh, crisp and puffed.
Methi jeera puffs are so easy to make. All you need is cumin seeds, chat masala some dried fenugreek leaves that are easily availabe in all Indian grocery stores and they are called KASOORI METHI.You can also use curry powder if you want to replace the chat masala.Let us proceed towards the recipe
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala or curry powder
- 1tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry sheet
- Take out the frozen pastry sheet and let it thaw for 45 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 400F
- Once the pasrty sheet has thawed, spread it and roll it a littel bit using a rolling pin.
- Divide the pastry sheet into three equal rectangles . Take one strip and spread the cumin and fenugreek leaves all over the stripe. Refer to the pictures above.
- Now roll the rolling pin all over the strip gently so that cumin and fenugreek leaves remain sticked to the strip.
- Cut each rectangles into 2 inch wide equal strips.
- Take one stripe at a time and apply little water on the edges and fold the stripe .
- Make all the puffs like that and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place them in the pre heated oven and bake for 20 minutes flipping them in between.
- Once they turn brown on both sides, consider them done.
- Turn of the oven and take them out. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup of cutne and enjoy!
- Make sure you keep checking the puffs in between because every oven is different.
- You can also use some other such as parsley or mint in this recipe.
- Also make sure that you seal the edges of puff with water, other wise they will open.
I am taking this recipe to Fiesta Friday, hosted by Angie.