Healthy and nutritious Mediterranean Quinoa and Chickpea Salad.
Summer is almost here and I and my husband are trying to eat healthily and trying to be regular in our exercise regime. Also, as I have started my job now, these kinds of salads make a quick and easy lunch option for both of us without compromising with nutrition. Mediterranean Quinoa and chickpea salad is a highly protein rich salad with the goodness of vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and delicious herbs.
I have started loving Quinoa now, it mingles so easily with everything. I have tried so many recipes with Quinoa such as Quinoa Poha, Quinoa and Chickpea Salad, Quinoa and Mushroom Pilaf and few more which are not on the blog. If you are a kind of person, who struggles with weight loss, try to experiment with quinoa replacing other grains like wheat and rice. Being born and brought up in India, leaving rotis and rice is something which is impossible for me, but I am trying to reduce their intake. Quinoa helps a lot as it easily mixes with everything and tastes great.
Making this Salad is so easy and it gets ready in 5 minutes. Just chop everything and mix it with quinoa and chickpeas. you can also add some kind of cheese such as feta cheese or crumbled paneer if you want to add more texture and taste to it.Lets us proceed towards the recipe.
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 big lemon juiced
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, keep the garlic clove in the oil and let the oil infused with garlic flavors for 10 minutes.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix quinoa, chickpea, all the herbs, and spices.
- Mix well and then add the lime juice and garlic infused olive oil.
- Place this bowl in the refrigerator and let it cool for at least an hour.
- Serve this salad cold and enjoy.