Happy Thanksgiving Folks!
Eggless Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice cake is a must bake this Thanksgiving. Loaded with flavors of spices and pumpkin, this cake is healthier as it is made with Whole Wheat and is eggless too. The addition of maple syrup flavored cream cheese frosting on top adds to the distinct taste of this delicious cake.
Thanksgiving is there, how are you all celebrating it? I am sure apart from shopping, you might have plans to eat together with friends or family. In my case, definitely, shopping is the plan, but relaxing and enjoying with my family is the main charm of holidays. I just want to enjoy my days watching movies, playing with my kids, doing my pending chores and of course dinner get together with my friends.
I baked this Eggless Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice cake yesterday for Thanksgiving and it turned out awesome.To make this cake I have used Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin Puree which I got it from Shop Rite.
I have used this puree couple of times earlier also and I am pretty satisfied with the taste. If you don’t have Pumpkin Puree at home, you make Pumpkin Puree at home also. Check out my Pumpkin Chicken Chili recipe to know how to make Pumpkin puree at home.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree ( I used Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin Puree )
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup room temperature milk
- 1tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 3/4 tsp cloves powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 2tbsp Whole Wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp maple syrup ( optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Pre heat Oven to 375F. Line a 9inch by 9 inch pan with Aluminium foil. Spray some oil and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingerdients and whisk together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well with a hand blender untill a thick batter is formed
- Transfer the batter into the cake pan and smoothen the top with spatula.
- Bake for 27 minutes or until a toorthpick inserted comes out clean. once the cake is done, take it out and keep on a cooling rack. While the cake is cooling , make the frosting.
- In a bowl , mix togther cream cheese and butter using a hand blender or stand mixer.
- Once they become soft add the sugar and maple syrup. blend together everything until a smoothe paste is formed.
- Spread on the cooled cake evenly using a spatula and then cut the cake in slices. Sprinkle some nutmeg powder on top and serve it to your friends or family.
- Make sure you use room temperature Ingredients like cream cheese, milk and butter.
- The texture of this cake is not that spongy as regular cakes as it is eggless and it is made with whole wheat flour.
- The addition of frosting on top is optional. This cake tastes amazing even without frosting.
1. Whole Wheat Yogurt
2.Eggless Whole Wheat Black Forest Cake
3.Whole Wheat Banana Dark chocolate cake
4. Upside down pear ginger cake
5. Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Eggless Cake
6.Whole Wheat Mango Chocolate cake