Marinated boiled Egg pakodas or fritters – An easy and delicious appetizer recipe! Thank God weekend is here friends! Time to relax, time to enjoy with family and time for some cheat meals 😋. Oh Yeah ! Today, I am not going to count calories and worry for weight gain. I am going to enjoy these yummy bombs along with some chutney and a hot cup of tea with my family. This recipe is suggested by my dear husband who doesn’t cook much , but he is my best critic. Every recipe that comes here in my blog, passes a taste test by husband first . He cooks only few recipes , but what ever he cooks, tastes out of the world. Better than me , I must confess 😉. His Dal fry , Egg bhurji and Egg paratha are outstanding !!
Now coming back to the procedure of egg pakoda bombs, it is a very easy and simple recipe . Just marinate the boiled eggs in chat Masala ( easily available in all Indian grocery stores ), and let them dive in spiced pakoda batter and fry. Cut them in halves and sprinkle the chat masala and serve with some chutney , preferably mint chutney.
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 21/2 cup Gram flour
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- water to make batter
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and using a fork make little holes all over the egg.
- In a plate , take out some, salt and chat masala and roll the boiled egg one by one all over so that it gets coated with spices all over. Let the eggs marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the batter for the eggs. In a big bowl add the chickpea or gram flour, garlic paste, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder . Now add water gradually to make a thick batter. If you think the batter is too thick, add more water and if you think that the batter is too runny, add some more flour to the mixture.
- Now dip the boiled eggs one by one and then deep fry them until the egg Pakodas are golden brown on both sides.
- Once they are cooked, take them out in a paper towel and cut them into two pieces. Sprinkle some chat masalas on the eggs and enjoy
1. Make sure that the eggs are completely boiled and after peeling them they should be completely dry.
2. If you feel batter is too thick or too runny ,then subtract or add gram flour ( chickpea) in the batter.
3. If youwant , you can replace chat masala with Tandoori masala or tawa masala or curry powder also.