A Healthy and Delicious Indian snack recipe which can be served as a healthy starter or snack on any occasions.
Hello Everyone ! Hope you all are doing good and are excited for the festive season going on. Today I am blogging after so long and honestly I missed it so much. For the past few months , I was not able to blog much as I was busy in moving to a new place. Finally,things have started settling so I decided to come back to my blog now.
Today I am bringing a very healthy and nutritious recipe for you all.
Chana dal Bengal Gram split is high in fiber and helps to lower cholesterol.It also has a very low hypoglycemic index, which is important for those with diabetes.Spinach, as we all know is a wonderful source of iron and fiber and is very good for eyes. These two very healthy ingredients are the major heroes of this recipe. Also, I have added some Paneer and whole wheat bread crumbs to add more nutrition and fiber to this recipe.
Chana Dal and Spinach tikkis can be served as a after school snack to your kids or as a snack with your evening tea. Enjoy these delicious tikkis guilt free and please do give your feed back regarding this recipe in the comment box , if you try this recipe.
Let’s proceed towards the recipe
- 1/2 cup chana dal ( bengal gram split)
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh low fat Paneer ( Indian cheese)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain or carom seeds
- 3 tsp oil
- Wash and soak chana dal overnight or for about 3-4 hours.
- Once it is soaked, combine chana dal , a pinch of turmeric, salt and 1 cup water in a pan and cook on a medium flame till all water dries up.Set aside to cool.
- Combine chana dal, finely chopped onions, finely chopped ginger,green chilis bread crumbs and mix well.
- Coarsely grind this mixture in a food processor and mix well.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non stick pan. Add ajwain ( carom seeds), garlic and chili flakes and saute for a while. Then add chopped spinach leaves and saute for 2 minutes until the spinach leaves leave all the water.
- Add the chana dal mixture into this pan and mix well. Switch off the flame and let this mixture cool down. Add grated Paneer and salt into this mixture
- Grease your hands and take equal portions in hand and shape this mixture into disc shaped tikkis.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a non stick pan and place these tikkis one by one. Cook these tikkis on both the sides till they turn brown.
- Serve hot with green coriander chutney and enjoy this healthy and delicious snack with your family and friends.
- It is very important to cook chana dal till it becomes dry, Make sure there is no water left in the dal other wise it would be so difficult to make the tikkis.
- Also, When you cook spinach, make sure the leaves get completely dried up while cooking.
- If you don't want to add bread crumbs, you can also add corn flour to the mixture for binding.
- To give kebab flavors try adding some garam masala and garlic to the tikkis.
Please check some other healthy snack recipes from my blog too.
Spinach Tortilla Veggie bites
Baked Oats and Methi crackers
Moong Meti Dhokhla
and many more. Please subscribe to my blog to recieve an email as soon a new recipe gets published. Please like my facebook page here letscookhealthytonight for more interesting and healthy recipes.