Asian Garlic Chicken Lo mein-An easy Chicken Lo Mein recipe loaded with spicy marinated chicken and vegetables.
We love Asian food but especially noodles! Everytime we plan to eat outside, my first choice is always either Thai or chinese food.We have been eating Chinese food since our childhood as Chinese food captured Indian food market a long time ago.Whenever my sister and I used to go out with our parents to any resturant, We always ordered Chinese food. Hot and sour soup, Chili chicken, chili Paneer and Chowmein were on the top of our list. Still my mother’s favorite is Chili panner and Manchurian. I keep trying different variations of chinese food at my home and some of them are in my blog also.
I recently tried Asian garlic chicken Lo Mein which is quite similar to chicken chowmein. First I marinated the chicken in chinese sauces and then fried it and then tossed it with some vegetables and then I added flat noodles to make Asian Garlic Chicken Lo Mein.
Noodles-I used Flat noodles for this recipe, but you can also use round noodles to make Chicken Lo Mein.
Chicken I used boneless chicken thighs, but of you like chicken breasts, you can used them too.
Vegetables I used fresh carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, onion and garlic. For garnish I used spring onion greens. You can also add mushrooms, baby corns, broccoli or any other seasonal vegetable of your choice.
The process of making Asian Garlic Chicken Lo Mein is divided into 4 simple steps.
1. Preparing the noodles.
2. Marinating the chicken.
3. Frying the chicken.
4. Tossing the spicy garlic chicken with vegetables and noodles.
There is also a fifth step- Garnishishing and then devouring 😀
Refer to the collage below for easy understanding of steps-
Asian Garlic Chicken Lo Mein
Author: Swati Goyal
Recipe type: Main Course
- 8 Oz or 226 gms Flat or Round Noodles ( I used Ka me Chinese wide Noodles)
- 500gms boneless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 egg white
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ +1/2 tbsp White Vinegar
- ¼tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½+1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1tsp tomato ketchup ( optional)
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 capsicum thinly sliced
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1inch ginger very thinly sliced
- 1tbsp corn flour
- 5tbsp sesame oil
- water to boil noodles
- Spring onion greens to garnish.
- Boil the noodles as per packet instructions and once the noodles are boiled and drained, add a tsp of oil and mix well. This will avoid the noodles from sticking to each other.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken with a paper towel and then cut it into thin slices.
- Prepare the marination for chicken now.
- For marination, in a bowl add 150 mil of water, salt, black pepper, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger garlic paste. Add the chicken pieces mix well and let it marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mean while cut all the vegetables and keep aside.
- After 30 minutes, take out the chicken and then add egg and corn flour to it and mix it well. Egg act as as binding agent. let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a deep Wok or iron Kadhai and then shallow fry the chicken pieces. Don't add all the chicken pieces at once, you can divide them in two or three batches and then fry.
- Once the chicken is cooked , take it out on a paper towel.
- Mix the Sauces
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, white vinegar, chili garlic sauce, sugar and mix well. you can also add tomato ketchup if you want.
- Saute the Vegetables
- In the same wok, heat the oil and then add sliced onions, ginger and then stri fry on high flame for a while. then add cabbage, carrots bell peppers and stir fry on high flame for 2 minutes. Then add the cooked chicken pieces and then add all the sauces. Let this cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes, Make sure you keep strirring.
- Now add the boiled noodles and mix well. Adjust the salt to your taste and then stir fry for 1 minutes on high flame and then turn off the flame. garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot!