CRISP AIR, PRETTY LEAVES, WARM CLOTHES, COFFEE, AND PUMPKIN….I LOVE FALL!!!
Perfect time of the year for some hot, delicious and healthy Pumpkin Chicken Chili. Switch on the heat, Get a throw, Put on the TV, Snuggle yourself and hold this warm bowl of Delicious Pumpkin Chicken Chili in your hands and feel yourself comforting.
I love hot bowls of chili, and this year when went to Pumpkin Farm for Picking, we bought some cute little sugar pumpkins with us. Two of them for my two munchkins as they wanted to make Lanterns, and two for trying out some recipes. The last one I tried was Pumpkin Fudge and now I m bringing one more delicious recipe of Pumpkin Chicken Chili.
Pumpkin Chicken Chili is a hassle-free and delectable one pot meal which you can make easily. I made my Pumpkin Chicken Chili in my Instapot on slow cook mode, but you can also make it in a regular pan. It just needs to be cooked on low flame for an hour. The more it will simmer, the more flavourful, it is going to be. The best part of this chili, is your kids are going to eat the pumpkin without even making any annoying faces 🙂
It took me a little longer to make this Pumpkin Chili because I did everything from Scratch.These are the steps I followed.
1. Soaked the kidney beans overnight and then boiled them.
2. Make The Pumpkin Puree at home By roasting the Pumpkins in the oven and then peeling and mashing them.
3. Boiled the chicken Separately to add in the chili.
You can completely skip the above steps and make the Pumpkin Chili quickly by using Canned beans, Canned Pumpkin Puree and frozen cooked chicken breast strips.
Furthermore, this recipe makes a lot. One batch will feed 7-8 people- it’s extremely hearty and filling. And since it’s freezable, you can save some for an easy meal later.
- 2 cups Boiled Red Kidney beans
- 2 cups of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Cups Boiled or Grilled Chicken breasts diced into pieces.
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3-4 Garlic chopped
- 1tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 2 cups of Diced tomatoes
- 1 diced Bell pepper ( red or yellow)
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 2 tsp Olive Oil.
- Chicken Broth 3-4 cups.
- Cilantro leaves to garnish.
- Set Instant Pot to "sauté," and add the oil in it. If you are using a regular pot, then follow the same procedure.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onions, bell peppers and garlic. Saute for a while then add cumin and red chili powder.
- Stir and continue sautéing for about 30 seconds- just enough time for the spices to become slightly toasted.
- Now add Tomatoes, Pumpkin Puree, and drained beans. Mix everything well and then add the chicken.
- Add the Chicken broth and then salt, Stir. Turn "sauté" setting off, cover the Instant Pot and then put the slow cooker mode on. Set the time for 1 hours. If you are making this recipe in a regular pot then cover the pot with lid and let it cook on medium flame for 1-hour stirring occasionally to avoid burns.
- Once the chili is done, garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot!
1. You can make this recipe in less time if you are using canned beans, canned pumpkin puree and cooked chicken.
2. You can also make this recipe in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 3 whistles and let cook on medium flame for 15 minutes.
3. I have made this chili in insta pot, but you can make it in a heavy based pot too.
4. If you are a vegetarian, you can add soya nuggets or Tofu or Paneer in the chili to replace chicken.
Pin it to view later