Looking for a quick and savory weeknight meal? This delicious Mushroom Matar Pulao comes just in 30 minutes.. This recipe will make a perfect family dinner that everyone will love!
Winters are super chilling here with temperatures below freezing point every day. It has been snowing since morning and this gloomy weather makes me too lazy. Some mushrooms lying in the fridge gave me the idea of making this one-pot meal.
It’s January and still, we have at least two months for the spring to start. if it is sunny my energy levels are high, but if it is cloudy, I just don’t feel like doing anything, apart from being lazy.It’s like an extended winter vacation for me.What do you on a gloomy cold day? Soup, coffee or sleep?
Although my new year resolution began with being active and disciplined for😆 which I am trying hard, waking up early, sleeping early, working out and eating healthy, there are always things that disturb the routine.I usually love to cook dal, curry, and rotis for my family, but on days like this, one-pot meals like this are savers.
I soaked the Basmati rice for about an hour, chopped the vegetables needed and it took just 30 minutes overall for this yummy meal. I serve this Mushroom Matar Pulav with spinach Raita and it tasted amazing.You can also serve it as a side dish with Chicken Do Pyaza or Soya Matar Paneer Curry or even Grilled Chicken.
Here is how I made it
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 cup diced Mushrooms( white or brown)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 big thinly sliced onions
- 2tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 finely chopped green chili
- 2 big tomatoes Pureed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 black cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 6 blackpeppercorns
- frsh lime juice ( optional)
- Kashmiri red chili powder ( used for color)
- Fresh cilantro( Hara Dhaniya) chopped for garnish
- salt to taste
- water 4 cups
- Wash and soak rice for atleast one hour before cooking.
- Heat Oil in a Pan or Kadhai and then add all the whole spices
- Add sliced onions and fry till it gets brown.Then add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add mushrooms and saute for another 2-3 minutes till they get brown and then add green chili and tomato puree.
- Add Kashmiri red chili powder, Mix well and let this mixture cook till it starts to leave oil.
- Now add soaked rice,salt and peas and mix gently. Add water and cook uncovered till everything start to boil.
- Cover with lid for 10 minutes on low flame and then open the lid. Stir the rice gently with a fork to check wether they are done or not.
- Turn off the flame and add lime juice on top of it. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with Raita or any curry.
- Soak the Basmati Rice before cooking.
- You can adjust the spices according to your choice.
- Make sure you let the pulao cool down a little bit before plating other wise rice may break before serving.
Can’t make it now?
PIN it to view later
I hope you liked this recipe of Mushroom Matar Pulao. If you try this recipe, please share your feedback along with pictures on my FACEBOOK PAGE and don’t forget to follow me. Please subscribe to my blog for latest updates. Please Follow me on
Thanks for stopping by,
Fresh and homemade food is the healthiest
SHOP RELATED PRODUCTS