Kachoris are loved by everyone in my family. I have no words to explain how fond my father is of Kachoris. aalo kachoris, daal kachoris, masala kachoris, I have seen my mother cooking so many types of kachoris and I remember how my father closes his eyes while eating them , enjoying each and every bite of them as mummy always serve him limited kachoris( due to health reasons). This Post is entirely dedicated to the two fathers in my life..MY FATHER and MY KID’S FATHER, My husband who equally loves Kachoris. Since I rarely make oily and fried stuff ( only on special occasions); My husband and kids jump with excitement when I tell them that I am going to make Kachoris.
Yesterday on the special occasion of father’s day I tried for the first time METHI-MATAR kachoris and they came out awesome. The texture, crispiness, and taste everything was just perfect. In my home kachoris are served with Tamatar aloo ki sabzi. The special thing about this curry is its simplicity, method and limited ingredients. ( no onion and garlic).well, no need to say that these kachoris made Father’s day special as everyone enjoyed them a lot.
METHI MATAR KACHORIS
TO MAKE DOUGH
Whole wheat flour- 1.5 cups
Maida( all purpose flour)-1/2 cup
Sooji or semolina- 1/2 cup
Salt- 1/2 tsp
warm water- to knead a soft dough
Oil- 2 tbsp.
TO MAKE FILLING
Green peas fresh or frozen- 1 cup
Fresh methi leaves- 1/2 cup
Heeng- a pinch
cumin seeds- 1 tsp.
oil – 1tsp.
salt- to taste
red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1 tsp.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead a soft dough. While making dough keep in mind that you add water gradually. first mix all the dry ingredients and then add oil, keep adding little water and knead, then again water and knead, the more you knead, the more softer dough will you make. Cover the dough and keep aside for 1 minutes.
2. While the dough is resting make the filling. First para boil matar( if you are using frozen , microwave or boil for 1 minute if using fresh then for 3 minutes.)Drain the excess water and let them cool down. Now put the green peas in a blender and blend for 1 or 2 turns so that the peas become crushed.
3. Wash and chop methi ( fenugreek)leaves.
4. In a pan put oil and let it heat. Now add Cumin seeds, heeng and stir for a minute. Add matar(peas) paste, methi leaves, all spices and keep stirring this mixture till you see that all moisture has evaporated.
5. Keep this filling aside and let it cool
6. Now take the dough and make equal balls as equal as a size of a big lemon.. Take one ball, spread it with your palm and make a depression with fingers, fill a teaspoon of filling in this depression and close it from all sides.
7. Roll a little bit with a rolling pin. don’t put the pressure in the center , press only on the edges, otherwise, your kachoris will tear apart. Make all kachoris like this.
8. Deep fry them on medium flame till they become golden brown and crispy.Take them out on a paper towel so that excess oil gets absorbed.
9. Serve hot and enjoy with Chutney, sabzi or yogurt.
Pin it to view Later