Boiled potatoes- 4 big
Green chilli paste- 1 tsp.
Ripe and big tomatoes- 2 Pureed
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Deghi Mirch or paprika-1 tsp
heeng ( Asafoetida)- a pinch
Deghi mirch- 2tsp
Salt- to taste
Desi Ghee- 2tbsp
Water- enough to make gravy
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Put ghee in a pan heat it. on heating add heeng, and cumin seeds. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder and salt.
2. Stir quickly and pour a little amount of water to avoid burning.
3. Then add tomato puree and cook till the mixture starts to leave oil.
4. In a big bowl mash the potatoes and add 3-4 cups of water. Mix and break the potatoes with your clean hand in the water.
5. When the masala is ready, pour the potato water mixture in the masala pan and give a gentle stir. Now cook this curry without covering for 15 to 20 minutes, or until you get the desired consistency of gravy.Add Amchoor powder and cook for another 5 minutes
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and serve hot with rotis or rice or pooris or kachoris and enjoy!